Welcome to day four, the final day of the awards ceremony. So far this week we’ve announced the recipients of the General, Length of Service, Special and Staff Awards. Today we present the duty post awards. Each award focuses on a different department from the major ones such as medical, operations or engineering to the more unique – like diplomacy, intel or marines. Even civilians have a chance to be recognized for the valuable contributions that can be made to our stories by those who prefer the path less worn.
Each of these awards recognizes a player for excellence in simming their duty post. Since only one award per duty post is given each year, only the very best are chosen and they are highly coveted awards. You’ll see from our spread of winners – who range in rank from Ensign to Captain – that every player has a chance to be considered for one of these by consistently simming to the best of their ability and striving to improve their craft.
In closing this year’s awards ceremony we’d like to thank the people who made this possible and make one final, special presentation. Our thanks and appreciation goes out to:
- The Awards Committee — composed of Fleet Captain Kali Nicholotti, Captain Nugra and Captain Jarred Thoran — who voted on the Duty Post and Special Awards. This is a complex process that involves reviewing all the nominations received, along with supporting links for a given award and then selecting which candidate they feel best matches the qualities the award is seeking.
- The Deputy Award Facilitators — Commander Randal Shayne and Lieutenant Commanders Sky Blake and Dassa Alexander-Dalton — who helped prep the awards nominations for review, compile materials for the awards ceremonies, along with assisting with other tasks relating to the awards. They put in a considerable amount of time and effort to help ensure everything was accurate, prepared and ready for awards day. Their help has allowed the awards ceremony to continue to run smoothly. Thanks, guys!
- The commanding officers of the fleet, who put in a lot of time and effort to review the nominations for their ships and ensure that the right people are selected for awards.
- Fleet Admiral Tristan Wolf for founding this community 26 years ago and encouraging us to thrive in it, grow our own way, and all started when he was barely on the edge of seventeen. I know I’m not wrong when I say his job is never the easiest, most of it goes over my head — fending off an albatross and a storm or two, taking a tusk in a landslide, playing the peacekeeper — but he makes it look good. Skies the limit. Big love for you, trouble!
- All the first officers of our fleet, who voted on the staff awards providing recommendations to the EC, for determining the recipient of general awards where their CO was nominated, and writing awards presentations where needed.
- All of you who submit wonderful, heartfelt nominations each year!
Finally, here’s to an awesome 26th year within our wonderful ‘Fleet! Raise your mugs, get that toast going, and celebrate a fantastic era we’ve got going on!
Find out who this year’s duty post superstars are first by heading down to the forums today where you can read about and congratulate our talented award recipients!
The full awards ceremony will soon be posted on the wiki.
Welcome to day three of the annual awards ceremony! So far we have announced the recipients of the General, Length of Service and Special Awards. Today we’re proud to present the Staff Awards!
The Staff awards are only for those members who have achieved the rank of commander or higher. These awards recognize the hard work of our staff, who do the behind-the-scenes work required to keep the engine of our community running, and smoothly at that! They help foster the fun simming environment we all enjoy.
Head to the forums now to see who received each of the Staff Awards from each ship across the fleet, and be sure to congratulate the winners!
Welcome to day two of the annual awards ceremony! Yesterday we announced the recipients of the General Awards. Today we’re proud to present the Length of Service and Special Awards.
Our Length of Service Awards recognize folks who’ve hit one of our membership tiers in the last year: 1-year, 3-years, 5-years, 10-years, 15-years and 20-years! Incredibly, we’re recognizing two 5-year commanding officers this year, and one 25-year member!
Special Awards is a catch-all category for awards that don’t fit elsewhere but mostly entail OOC community innovation and dedication. This is where awards like the Rising Star and Community Champion fit, recognizing members who are putting in an incredible effort. Just like with the Staff and Duty Post awards, only one of each award is given each year – only the very best are chosen so they are highly coveted awards that every player has a chance to be considered for by getting involved and giving it their best. (With one notable exception: The Xalor Clan Xifilis award is given to any player who has overcome any sort of disadvantage while simming. We don’t compare and weigh one person’s struggles against another but rather award this to all eligible and deserving candidates who are nominated for it.)
Head to the forums now to see who received each of the Length of Service and Special Awards from each ship across the fleet, and be sure to congratulate the winners!
Welcome to the 2020 Awards Ceremony!
Over the course of four days, we honour the people who have contributed time and effort in the past year to make this a great place to sim, and a great community to be a member of.
We’ll present to the fleet five categories of awards:
- General: Honoring the members who’ve won this year’s General, or ship-based awards
- Length of Service: Honoring members who have been with us for a year, all the way up to 10 years and more
- Special: Honoring specific aspects of simming or OOC work
- Staff: Honoring the work of our fleet’s staff members
- Duty Post: Honoring the best simmer from each duty post
To start, we’re very excited to present the General Awards!
The winners are chosen by the fleet’s commanding officers (or in cases where the commanding officer was also nominated, the first officer was called in to decide) from the nominations made by you! This is your chance to see how each of the other ships did and see who picked up what award.
Find out who won each the general awards by heading to the forums, where you can read about and congratulate our talented award recipients.