Welcome to day four, the final day of the awards ceremony. So far this week we’ve announced the recipients of the General, Length of Service, Special and Staff Awards. Today we present the duty post awards. Each award focuses on a different department from the major ones such as medical, operations or engineering to the more unique – like diplomacy, intel or marines. Even civilians have a chance to be recognized for the valuable contributions that can be made to our stories by those who prefer the path less worn.
Each of these awards recognizes a player for excellence in simming their duty post. Since only one award per duty post is given each year, only the very best are chosen and they are highly coveted awards. You’ll see from our spread of winners – who range in rank from Ensign to Captain – that every player has a chance to be considered for one of these by consistently simming to the best of their ability and striving to improve their craft.
In closing this year’s awards ceremony we’d like to thank the people who made this possible and make one final, special presentation. Our thanks and appreciation goes out to:
- The Awards Committee — composed of Fleet Captain Kali Nicholotti, Captain Nugra and Captain Jarred Thoran — who voted on the Duty Post and Special Awards. This is a complex process that involves reviewing all the nominations received, along with supporting links for a given award and then selecting which candidate they feel best matches the qualities the award is seeking.
- The Deputy Award Facilitators — Commander Randal Shayne and Lieutenant Commanders Sky Blake and Dassa Alexander-Dalton — who helped prep the awards nominations for review, compile materials for the awards ceremonies, along with assisting with other tasks relating to the awards. They put in a considerable amount of time and effort to help ensure everything was accurate, prepared and ready for awards day. Their help has allowed the awards ceremony to continue to run smoothly. Thanks, guys!
- The commanding officers of the fleet, who put in a lot of time and effort to review the nominations for their ships and ensure that the right people are selected for awards.
- Fleet Admiral Tristan Wolf for founding this community 26 years ago and encouraging us to thrive in it, grow our own way, and all started when he was barely on the edge of seventeen. I know I’m not wrong when I say his job is never the easiest, most of it goes over my head — fending off an albatross and a storm or two, taking a tusk in a landslide, playing the peacekeeper — but he makes it look good. Skies the limit. Big love for you, trouble!
- All the first officers of our fleet, who voted on the staff awards providing recommendations to the EC, for determining the recipient of general awards where their CO was nominated, and writing awards presentations where needed.
- All of you who submit wonderful, heartfelt nominations each year!
Finally, here’s to an awesome 26th year within our wonderful ‘Fleet! Raise your mugs, get that toast going, and celebrate a fantastic era we’ve got going on!
Find out who this year’s duty post superstars are first by heading down to the forums today where you can read about and congratulate our talented award recipients!
The full awards ceremony will soon be posted on the wiki.