Need a little time off? No problem!
We recognize that our health, families, jobs, and other priorities sometimes require stepping away from the game for more than a day or two. But it’s also important, for the sake of everyone else on your ship or station, to give us a head’s up before you leave just so we can ensure that everyone else isn’t waiting for you to to sim or relying on you for anything important.
Please read this preliminary information and then continue on to our quick and easy form where you can let your ship’s staff know if you need to take a break.
Some quick rules
It is your responsibility as an officer requesting leave to read and understand our community’s rules about taking leave. You should know that if you don’t follow the process, you may be putting your character, and/or your rank at risk should you wish to return to our group.
The most important points to know:
- You have to use the form below or follow the other methods of notification listed in Bylaw 5.
- Leave can extend as long as you want, but if you don’t re-file for leave every 12 months, you’ll be changed to retired status and have to petition the Executive Council for re-entry.
- You will have limited access to community areas while on leave.
- As long as you follow the rules, you can return in good standing – at your same rank and with your same character.
Do not use this form to “re-roll” a new character
Is explicitly against our community rules to attempt to rejoin the group with a new identity without announcing that you’ve previously been a member. We always uncover this kind of deception and members who do this are expelled immediately.
If you’ve ended up on a ship that you’re not satisfied with and you want to sim on another ship, and/or you feel like your character is not a good fit and you want to start a new character, there are community-approved options for you! All of our Commanding Officers and ship staff are in agreement that we’d rather have you remain with the game on a in a character, duty post, and crew that you enjoy simming with than drop out.
- File for a transfer: Using our transfer process, you can be moved to another ship that fits your play style better. If you want, you can also change your character and/or duty post in the process.
- Change character and/or duty post: If you just want to change to a new character – even if that means changing duty posts – email your Commanding Officer. Character changes are always allowed, and duty post changes are accommodated eagerly if an open position is available. If the duty post you want to change to is not available on your current ship, you can transfer to a new vessel.
Leave of Absence Form
"*" indicates required fields