$1,345 (70%) of our $1,915 goal ($570 to go) due May 1, 2023
Generous donors in 2021 helped us hit our 2022 goal already!
It costs $1,915 a year to run the site. Here’s what that money goes toward:
- Web hosting: $1,180 per year. For our wiki, forums, main website, and email.
- Domains: $174 per year. We have 10 domain names that we renew each year to protect our brand.
- Forum costs: $120 per year. This includes a license for our forum software with regular security updates as necessary, and the costs for our forum theme and plugins.
- Discord costs: $50 per year. This includes some plugins and bots, but does not include the member-contributions to our Nitro status.
- Gizmos and other things: $290 per year. In addition to everything above, we for website plugins, among other things, that help the site run.
- Credit card fees: $100 per year. For each donation we receive, it costs us 2.9% + 30¢, which comes out to about 4% of our total donation goal, which we factor into our overall goal so we don’t dip into our community savings.
We also occasionally require expert assistance with website issues and hire freelance programmers or designers, which can cost $100 to $1,000 depending on our needs. Any money donated beyond our normal yearly costs goes toward the development and emergency fund.
If you already have an account for our site at www.starbase118.net, please login first before completing this form!