$769 (46%) of our $1,660 goal ($891 to go) due May 1, 2022
Generous donors have fulfilled our 2020 and 2021 goals!
It costs about $1,660 a year to run the site. Here’s what that money goes toward:
- Web hosting & backups: $1,000 per year. Our forums, wiki, and other peripheral areas of the site are hosted on a Virtual Private Server.
- Domains: $147 per year. We have 10 domain names that we renew each year to protect our brand.
- Forum licensing: $50 per year. This allows us to run our forum software and get regular security updates as necessary.
- Credit card fees: $70 per year. For each donation we receive, it costs us 2.9% + 30¢, which comes out to about 4% of our total donation goal, which we factor into our overall goal so we don’t dip into our community savings.
- Gizmos and other things: In addition to everything above, we pay another $393 for website plugins, themes, and Discord bots.
We also occasionally require expert assistance with website issues and hire freelance programmers or designers, which can cost $100 to $1,000 depending on our needs. Any money donated beyond our normal yearly costs goes toward the development and emergency fund.
Need to cancel a recurring donation in process? Click here.