July is trivia month for StarBase 118 and our Fleetwide chat on Sunday, July 11th 2021 will feature our annual trivia contest!
Here’s a quick rundown of the rules and FAQs for players new and old:
Trivia will run a minimum of 60 questions.
- To earn the participant badge you must answer at least 1 question (even if answered incorrectly) or cheer on a friend who is playing. Badges are awarded for camaraderie, but not idling.
- The winner badge will be awarded to the person with the most points
- First correct answer is awarded 1 point. There is no penalty for incorrect guesses. Some questions may be worth multiple points for multiple answers. Questions will clarify whether they have multiple answers or require specific answers – read the questions carefully!
- Anyone can join in at any time
- Please limit chatter until after the trivia is done
- Discord will be set to a 15 second slow-mode to prevent spamming answers
- Any putting down of other players or unsportsmanlike conduct will earn a play a kick for the remaining time of the Trivia game and a forfeiture of any badges earned. Cheering and good humor is always welcome.
Google searching is allowed, but most questions are set up so that a participant who knows the answer off the top of their head will have an advantage over those using search engines to get the answers up faster.
New this year we will feature a selection of questions from the newest series in Star Trek: Discovery, Picard and Lower Decks!
Questions will start with the general category, followed by the question. Categories are:
TOS: Star Trek the original series
TNG: Star Trek The Next Generation
DS9: Star Trek Deep Space Nine
VOY: Star Trek Voyager
ENT: Star Trek Enterprise
TAS: Star Trek the Animated Series
PIC: Star Trek Picard
DIS: Star Trek Discovery
LD: Star Trek Lower Decks
MOV: Every feature length Star Trek movie, from “The Motion Picture” to Star Trek Beyond
SB118: Trivia about StarBase 118’s canon
GEN: General Star Trek canon, something that doesn’t fit in any category
This year we are joined by last year’s Trivia Master: Geoffrey Teller! Commander Teller has provided a bunch of head scratching questions to tickle your brain for 2398! We hope to see everyone at this year’s trivia, whether you’re cheering on your friends, enjoying the questions or going hear to head for the title of Trivia Master, everyone is welcome!