While our group was founded in 1994, our first ceremony was held in 1996, bringing together the whole fleet for an in character celebration. Since then, we’ve seen the addition of dozens of new awards, a transition to out of character presentations, and a move from the traditional December presentation to June, to coincide with the yearly anniversary of our founding.
Over the course of four days, we’ll present to the fleet five categories of awards:
- Duty Post: Honoring the best simmer from each duty post
- Special: Honoring specific aspects of simming or OOC work
- Length of Service: Honoring members who have been with us for a year, all the way up to 10 years and more
- Staff: Honoring the work of our fleet’s staff members
- General: Honoring the members who’ve won this year’s General, or ship-based awards
Today we’re very excited to present the General and Staff Awards.
The Staff awards are only for those members who have achieved the rank of commander or higher. These awards recognize the hard work of our staff, who do the behind-the-scenes work required to keep the engine of our community running, and smoothly at that! They help foster the fun simming environment we all enjoy.
The General (Ship) Awards, have been presented by each captain to their crew. The winners this year, as in previous years, were chosen by the fleet’s commanding officers (or in cases where the commanding officer was also nominated, the first officer was called in to decide) from the nominations made by you! This is your chance to see how each of the other ships did and see who picked up what award.