Every fan of Star Trek is familiar with Hikaru Sulu – George Takei in real life. The American actor (born of Japanese parents) has reprised the beloved character in every single Star Trek movie that featured characters from the original series. He has even guest starred in an episode of Voyager. Outside of film and television, Sulu is known for his philanthropic works, particularly with human rights and Japanese-American relations. He even has an Asteroid named after him. What many may not know, is that Takei is also an accomplished dancer. The world over sat in astonishment and delight as Takei filmed and shared is magnificently expressive ‘Happy Dance’. That isn’t the last of public dances, thankfully. Takei made an appearance at the Cincinnati Oktoberfest where he joined others on the stage and helped lead the chicken dance. Fortunately, the act was caught on camera and now the world and future generations can watch the exquisitely executed dance over and over again.
We are a Star Trek roleplaying game
We are a free, fun, and friendly community of Star Trek fans who write collaborative fiction together. It’s easy to join – we’ll teach you everything you need to know!
Click here to learn more.
Latest Mission Reports
- USS Veritas To Confiscate Spore Drive From Pirate Captain Henley Marths— Veritas
- USS Arrow Relaunch Overshadowed by Mystery and Technical Failure— Arrow
- Suspicious Comet Revealed Missing Starship, Hostile Facility of ‘The People’— Juneau
- Festival Of Tolmaen’oali Celebrated On Væron— Gorkon
- Narendra Faces Off Against Cult, Leaving Molor Base In Shambles
Looking for something fun to do? We have a whole list of fleet activities that are looking for members like yourself! Check out the Fleet Activity List today to see where you'll fit in.