Welcome to day four, the final day of the awards ceremony. So far this week we’ve announced the recipients of the General, Length of Service, Special and Staff Awards. Today we present the duty post awards. Each award focuses on a different department from the major ones such as medical, operations or engineering to the more unique – like diplomacy, intel or marines. Even civilians have a chance to be recognized for the valuable contributions that can be made to our stories by those who prefer the path less worn.
Each of these awards recognises a player for excellence in simming their duty post. Since we give only one award per duty post each year, we chose only those who sim the duty post in an exemplary fashion to represent. You’ll see from our spread of winners – who range in rank from Ensign to Admiral – every player has a chance to be considered for one of these by consistently simming to the best of their ability and striving to improve their craft.
In closing this year’s awards ceremony we’d like to thank the people who made this possible and make one final, special presentation. Our thanks and appreciation goes out to:
- All of our amazing members submitting wonderful, heartfelt nominations each year!
- The Awards Committee — composed of Vice-Admiral Quinn Reynolds, Commodore Jalana Rajel, Commodore Aron Kells, Commander Serala, and Commander Kelrod — who voted on the Duty Post and Special Awards. This is a complex process that involves reviewing all the nominations received, along with supporting links for a given award and then selecting which candidate they feel best matches the qualities the award is seeking.
- The Deputy Award Facilitator — Commander Addison MacKenzie — helped prep the awards nominations for review, compile materials for the awards ceremonies, posted alongside, and assisting with other tasks I tasked his taskiness with. Matt put in a considerable amount of time and effort to help ensure everything was accurate, prepared and ready for awards day. His help has allowed the awards ceremony to continue to run as smooth as butter. Thanks, Matt!
- The commanding officers of the fleet, who put in a lot of time and effort to review the nominations for their ships and ensure that the right people are selected for awards!
- All the first officers of our fleet, who voted on the staff awards providing recommendations to the EC, for determining the recipient of general awards where their CO was nominated, and writing awards presentations where needed!
- Fleet Admiral Tristan Wolf for founding this community 27 years ago and encouraging us to thrive in it, grow our own way, and all started when he was barely on the edge of seventeen. I know I’m not wrong when I say his job is never the easiest — he doesn’t stop thinking about tomorrow, it’ll soon be here. It’ll be here, and it’ll be better than before.
Finally, here’s to an awesome 27th year within our wonderful ‘Fleet! Raise your mugs, get that toast going, and celebrate a fantastic future on the horizon!
The full awards ceremony will soon be posted on the wiki.