Did you know that it costs more than $1,300 each year to keep our community’s website, forums, and wiki online? As an all-volunteer organization, funding those costs requires the participation of our entire community. That’s why once or twice a year, we put out a call to all of our members to pitch in a few dollars and help us reach our funding goal.
Here’s how your donation will be used:
- Domains: $105 per year. We have seven domain names that we renew each year to protect our brand.
- Web hosting: $850 per year. Our forums, wiki, and other peripheral areas of the site are hosted on a Virtual Private Server.
- SSL certificate: $100 per year. Using an SSL certificate on our server ensures that our traffic is secured, increases our search engine rankings, and creates trust with visitors.
- Forum licensing: $50 per year. This allows us to run our forum software and get regular security updates as necessary.
- Backup: $120 per year. Daily, weekly, and monthly backups of our site.
- GravityForms: $99 per year. A website plugin that makes administering our dozens of forms easier, as well as cutting down on spam trafficking.
- Website caching: $20 per year. To help our main website load as quickly as possible, we use a plugin which requires a yearly subscription.