With the annual Awards Ceremony nominations now open (until Sunday June 12 at 11:59pm Pacific Time), it’s time to start thinking about what awards you should nominate your fellow crew members for!
There are numerous new and modified awards for this year’s ceremony. Check out all the updates below:
New Awards in 2016
- Quark’s Bar (Special Award): Awarded to members who are regularly active on the forums and have been supportive and involved in conversations enhancing the overall forum experience.
- Luminary Award (Special Award): Given to members holding the rank of ensign, lieutenant junior grade, or lieutenant. For those who show great promise in their future endeavours in UFOP: Starbase 118 RPG. This award is similar to the Rising Star award, which has been modified (see below).
- Laudean Commendation (Ship Award): Awarded for achievements in exploration with new lifeforms. The recipient will have shown great creativity in many facets of species creation or expansion, including physiological, psychological, cultural, social, and more, and their creativity will inspire their fellow simmers. The Laudean Commendation can cover many aspects of species development, but should primarily be based in IC simming.
- Q Award (Ship Award): Awarded for continually surprising their crew with unexpected, devious plot twists throughout the year. Note, this is now a Ship Award which replaces the Special Kalendra Award, which has been retired this year.
- Khan Award (Ship Award): Awarded to a simmer who thoughtfully develops a three-dimensional villain over the course of a mission or more.
- T’Pau Cluster of Distinction (Staff Award): The Shuvalis Diamond of Recognition (Staff Award) is being separated into two awards recognizing the Publicity and Training Teams, with the Shuvalis Diamond now awarded for long-term achievement in leading the Publicity Team while the T’Pau Cluster will be awarded for long-term achievement in leading the Training Team.
These awards have received slight changes to their wording or recipient.
- The Nebula Bar (Ship Award): Changed to, “Awarded to a simmer who has shown great imagination when creating or expanding upon planets, stars, stellar phenomena, and other physical environments and settings, such that these settings create a convincing, descriptive, realistic environment that inspires other simmers or enhances the flow of a given plot.”
- Rising Star Award (Special Award): Now for members of lieutenant commander rank or higher who show great promise in many facets of their participation in the group, and to whom we look to as a future leader. For those of lower rank, refer to the Luminary Award (see above).
- Sheathed Sword (Ship Award): Changed to, “Presented to those to decide to inflict mental and/or physical trauma on their character, and then dive into the resulting emotions and choices in a realistic manner.”
You can find the complete list of awards in the Hall of Honor on the wiki.