RPG-Directory is a great, highly active roleplaying forum. Everyone who goes there loves roleplaying as we do and some of them may well be looking for Star Trek roleplays!
Helping with this project is super simple, and we’ll walk you through it below. The basic idea is to create an account, post at least 15 good posts (not one word bumps), update your signature so it links back to our main website, then continue posting just as regularly as you can. Doing this will help us create a presence there and the more we get noticed, the more chance someone will see it who is looking for what we’re offering.
Step 1: Setting up a basic account at RPG-Directory
- Go to http://rpg-directory.com/index.php and click ‘Create Account’ at the top right of the screen.
- Read the rules really carefully. Once you’ve read and understand the rules click accept at the bottom of the page.
- Fill in the registration form, which asks for a username, password and valid email at a minimum – account settings can be set now or later. You have to complete two steps to verify you’re not a robot. Once you are happy press ‘submit registration’.
- Complete your registration by going to the email you registered with clicking the link in an activation email sent to you. There are instructions on how to complete this manually should the link fail to work for any reason.
Step 2: Getting your first 15 posts
- Introduce yourself to the community here: http://rpg-directory.com/forum-29.html Remember to check in on the project forum once you’ve done this so other RPG-D members can welcome you too!
- Welcoming other newbies is a super quick and easy way to get your first few posts!
- Browse the board for interesting discussions. The forum is very large and has a range of topics that might be appealing from roleplaying, literature, writing or more.
- Check out this handy post (http://rpg-directory.com/thread-34475.html) which has quick links to other places of interest. Once you’ve joined in a few interesting conversations you’ll be at 15 posts or more before you know it.
Step 3: Updating your profile and signature
- Click on your username at the top right of the screen to reveal forum options.
- Hover over UserCP and then go down to ‘Change Signature’ and click that option.
- If you see a page that indicates “You do not have permission to access this page.” You’ve either not posted 15 sims yet, or must wait a little longer for your account settings to be updated.
- You may use a text or graphics signature depending on your personal preference but I’d advice against animated banners as a lot of people find them highly distracting and annoying (something we don’t want people to associate with us.)
- Signatures should be no more than 750px wide and 500px high although I recommend something less high otherwise the fact the signature dominates the page, especially for those using mobile devices will be an irritant. 250-300px high seems more reasonable to me.
- Signatures should at the very least link back to UFOP: StarBase 118 Star Trek RPG (Using this URL: https://www.starbase118.net/)
Finally: Remember to check in to let us know how you got on!