If you’re looking for something fun to do, and a competition to enter outside of Starbase 118 (and a part of the larger, RPG community), then consider taking part in the Ongoing World’s Flashback Week competition. A yearly event hosted by Ongoing Worlds, Flashback Week encourages RPG writers to include a flashback, and look into the past of their character, in their writing for that week. Most of us include small flashbacks here and there, and even use them as a way to address tags at times, but this time, we’re asking you to create an entire story within your flashback.
There aren’t many rules governing the competition:
- The competition starts today and runs through September 7th.
- The flashback you submit to Ongoing Worlds should not be more than 1500 words long.
- The writing should be in English and should come from a character you already play, rather than a new character.
- The writing should be your work (no plagiarizing).
- Submitting your story to Ongoing Worlds means that they have the right to publish it and use it (though of course, they will label the author in the process).
And like all good competitions, there will be a prize at the end of the judging! See the limited edition coffee mug on the entry page and read some examples of stories that have won other competitions previously.
Of course, if you choose to enter, be sure to get your entry in before September 7th!