Well wishes to all as we say goodbye to 2019 and hello to a new decade: 2020! We’re celebrating with our newest podcast.
Click here to listen to the episode from the beginning, or click any of the timestamps below to jump directly to that segment:
- 00:47 – Sim Read titled, “I love You” by Lieutenant Maddi Hyden
- 06:28 – Ads by Lieutenant Junior Grade Lazarus Davis
- 09:40 – Graduations and Promotions by Lieutenant Maddi Hyden
- 11:00 – Laser Focused by Lieutenant Junior Grade Lazarus Davis
- 15:42 – Remembering the History of Starbase 118 by Commander Kelrod Dickens and Lieutenant Commander Sky Blake
- 35:36 – Ads Part II and USS Diligent Highlights by Lieutenant Commander Geoffrey Teller
Thank you for a wonderful 2396!
The Podcast Team has been hard at work putting together another stellar edition of news and entertainment from around the fleet:
Edited by Ensign Lazarus Davis with voice talent from Lt. Commander Geoffrey Teller and others!
- Introduction by Lt. Commander Geoffrey Teller – 0:00
- Laser Focused with Ensign Lazarus Davis – 1:11
- Halloween Avatars Past by Lt. Commander Lael Rosek – 5:00
- Trek Ads by Lt. Commander Geoffrey Teller – 8:10
- 5 Terrible, Horrifying Deaths in StarBase 118 History by Commander Kelrod – 9:27
- Credits – 17:00
This month’s podcast goes into Sickbay with questions for our medical officers:
Voiceover and editorial contributions were provided by Lieutenant Junior Grade Groznin Smith, Lt Commanders Genkos Adea, Geoffrey Teller, Solok, and German Galven. Video edited by Lt. Commander German Galven.
In this months show, we’ve got a Lt. Maddi Hyden and Lt. Kayla Drex reading a sim from our appreciations forum, LtCmdr. Toryn Raga has reactions from the winners of our recent Fleetwide Award Ceremony, and Toryn Raga also brings us recent headlines from the FNS:
- Written by: Lieutenant Junior Grade Groznin Smith, Lieutenant Commander Riley Delar, and Commander Kelrod
- Edited by: Lieutenant Commander German Galven
It’s the 25th anniversary of the 118 fleet and the Podcast Team is working harder than ever to bring you an entertaining show! Check out these fun segments:
- Montreal in Focus: Chloe Waters interviews Mei’konda
- Announcements and Team ads read By Lael Rosek
- Moments In Time: Important events in 118 history by Toryn Raga
- Legacy: Embassy at Duronis II by Toryn Raga
- Welcome to the Fleet, covering graduates from January 2396 through May 2396 read by Kelrod
- Roshanara Rahman interviews Geoffrey Teller
- What’s New With The Fleet? (Snippets of Mission Reports from the USS Eagle, the USS Montreal, and the USS Columbia) read by Lael Rosek
- “Reach the Light,” Filk Written by Lael Rosek and Riley Delar, Sung By Kelrod
Voiceover and editorial contributions were provided by Lt. Commander Lael Rosek, Fleet Captain Roshanara Rahman, Captain Mei’konda, Lt Commander Toryn Raga, Commander Kelrod, Lieutenant JG Chloe Waters, and Lieutenant Geoffrey Teller. Video edited by Lt. Commander German Galven.
Click here to listen to the June 2396 podcast on YouTube.
The Podcast Team is excited to announce our first short-segment podcast in a while. Content includes:
- FNS articles: “Noted Betazoid Lecturer Arrested for Murder”, “Crew of Earth Starfleet vessel rescued from P-409 Sigma after missing for two centuries”, and “Federation mining crew discovers large thalium-filled deposits” read by LtJG Geoffrey Teller
- Ship reports from Starbase 118 Ops and the USS Columbia, read by Lieutenant Commander Toryn Raga
Click here to listen now on YouTube. Don’t forget to subscribe via YouTube to get notifications of new episodes.
What exactly is it that makes UFOP:SB118 great? Many would say that it’s the sense of community that exists here, welcoming writers from around the globe to participate in a complex, collaborative writing scenario that allows us to build our own world based on the principles of a series that we all know and love: Star Trek.
For those of you who have been with us for awhile and are curious about how you can be a part of this community spirit, we have any number of opportunities for you to participate out of character.
Check out it out on our YouTube Channel to hear from some of our Taskforce facilitators.
Taskforces Mentioned In This Podcast:
It’s a new year and the podcast team is working harder than ever to bring you an entertaining show. With the writer of Lieutenant Commander Maxwell Traenor joining as a co-host, this podcast will be our best yet!
Highlights of this edition include:
- Welcome new Academy graduates to the fleet – Read by Kelrod
- Promotions from September 2394 through January 2395 – Read By Roshanara Rahman
- A special song with lyrics by Zephyr and sung by Alora DeVeau
- Dramatic reading of: Commander Brayden Jorey & Lieutenant Commander Oddas Aria — Teaching An Engineer How To Dance – Read By Kelrod & Lael Rosek
- Ask A Doc – Written and Read by Zephyr
- Witty Wordsmith: Acting Versus Reacting — How to Plan Better Stories – Written by Sal Taybrim and Read by Zephyr
- Fleet Announcements – Written by Lael Rosek and read By Zephyr
Click here to listen to this podcast now on YouTube.
With a new year beginning, it’s a good time to start thinking about both short-term and long-term goals for your character. While some conflicts may be coming to a close, others may just be beginning. By evaluating your character’s role aboard your assigned ship as well as the relationships they’ve developed either since the beginning or over the last year, a writer can get a sense of how they would like their character to grow and develop.
That’s why the Podcast Team took a crack at providing some advice for writers on setting character goals. Check out this segment on our YouTube channel.