The Captains Council is the lower of the two staff bodies which has been sanctioned by the Constitution to run the day-to-day operations of the community.
Generally, the CC is tasked with IC issues. The list of reserved powers for the CC is as follows:
- Creation of “official” alien races;
- Recognition of plants, races, concepts, weapons, scientific advances, religions, political movements or developments, philosophies or other things or ideas as being an official part of the UFOP milieu once those ideas, concepts or things have been discussed in simulated plots;
- Serving as the first appellate forum for discipline of commanders and junior officers;
- Creation of new awards or discontinuance of old awards except those applicable to flag officers only;
- Creation, alteration or amendment of the requirements for advancement to the rank of full commander;
- To call upon the EC by majority resolution to act on any issue. If the EC shall not act within 30 days of the EC magistrate receiving word of the resolution from the CC magistrate, the right to act shall return to the CC who shall act subject to the other articles of this Constitution (including EC veto powers and discipline). If the CC does not act within 30 days of the resolution return, the resolution becomes null and void as if never passed.
The CC is composed of all officers who have officially been ranked as Captain, which is defined as having passed the captain’s exam and having been officially recognized and awarded said rank. (This also includes, of course, anyone who is above the rank of Captain.) The CC also allows any officers who have been officially ranked as Commander, or any officers who hold the position of First Officer, to view and participate in discussion among the CC. These individuals are not allowed voting rights, however.
FltAdml. Wolf, although eligible to vote in CC matters, generally does not.
The current members of the council are listed below. Keep in mind that some members of the CC also hold a position on the Executive Council.
- Capt. Tyr Waltas — Active Member
- FltCapt. Sidney Riley — Active Member
- FltCapt. Toni Turner – Active Member
- FltCapt. Andrus Jaxx — Magistrate, Active Member
- Capt. Della Vetri — Active Member
- Capt. Kali Nicholotti — Active Member
- Capt. Aron Kells — Active Member
- Capt. William Rogers — Active Member
- Capt. Diego Herrera — Active Member
- FltCapt. Idril Mar — Retired Commanding Officer
- Captain Mal Avatar — Retired Commanding Officer
- Capt. Ben Walker — Retired Commanding Officer
- Capt. Samuel Nigel Perkins — Retired Commanding Officer
- Capt. Quinn Reynolds — Retired Commanding Officer
The following officers are observers of the Council, as First Officers or Commanders on their vessel:
- Cmdr. Rode Mitchell — Non-Voting Observer
- Cmdr. Tal Tel-ar — Non-Voting Observer
- Lt. Col. David Whale — Non-Voting Observer
- Cmdr. Liam Frost — Non-Voting Observer
- Cmdr. Arden Cain — Non-Voting Observer
- LtCmdr. Leo Handley-Page — Non-Voting Observer
- LtCmdr. Darius Clack — Non-Voting Observer
- LtCmdr. Marcus Dickens — Non-Voting Observer
- LtCmdr. Raj Blueheart — Non-Voting Observer
- LtCmdr. Alucard Vess — Non-Voting Observer