Enter a display name in the “Nickname” box. You can leave the “Password” box unchecked and blank if you haven’t yet registered your nickname. Please be patient during connection — it can take up to two minutes for the server to respond.
In any of the commands below, replace items [in brackets] with your input. Do NOT include the brackets!
- Change your display: /nick [New Nick]
- Register your display name: /msg nickserv REGISTER [password] [email]
- In the future, enter that password in the password box when connecting to identify yourself.
- Nickserv system help: /msg nickserv help
Other ways to access
We’re connecting to an IRC server, so you don’t have to use this panel. Here’s the server info:
- Server name: irc.AlphaChat.net
- Port: 6667
- Channel: #starbase118
Below is a list of chat clients that you can use to connect to IRC:
- Trillian (Mac, Windows): this is a program which can connect to AIM, YIM, IRC, and many other types of instant messaging services. You can set it up to join this server and channel automatically, and receive notifications whenever anyone else joins or chats in our channel.
- mIRC (Windows): this is a stand-alone IRC program, with many features.
- Pidgin (Windows, Linux): this is another multi-service program that can connect to IRC.
- Adium (Mac): this is another multi-service program that can connect to IRC.